Friday, November 18, 2011

How hard is it to make a casket spray?

My father passed away on Monday and the funeral is Friday. The family is responsible for the flowers. We don't have a whole ot of money, and I was viewing some casket sprays online and they are very expensive. My father is being creamated immediately following the funeral service so I don't see the point in spending 200 dollars (I hope you all know what I mean when I say this, I don't mean to sound hateful or disrespectful), just to make it look pretty, if I can make it just as pretty by doing it myself. Plus I need to keep myself busy, it's how I'm dealing with his death right now. Do you guys have any tips or know anything about making floral arrangements for funerals?

How hard is it to make a casket spray?
Sweetie, first of all let me say I know how hard it is to lose a parent, and I am so sorry......You can get relatively cheap artificial flowers that are pretty at craft stores (Pat Catan's, etc...). Or you can create a spray from the flowers he liked most. When my grandmother died we picked a ton of tulips from her garden and made a spray that way. Just figure out what you want to put in it and buy some ivy to put around it....I'm sure it will be beautiful, and remember that gone or not Dad will see it......God Bless you and your family!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment