Monday, November 16, 2009

Half Whiskey Barrel Fell Apart?

I have not used my half whiskey barrell for 2 years. I was told to store it upside down so it would't fall apart. When I picked it up, the whole thing came apart. I want to put it back together, but it keeps coming apart afer a few boards are put back in. Does anyone know how to fix this. Do I need to soak the boards before I try this to get them to swell up. Any help would be appreciated.





When my Dad died I was given a floral arrangement in this barrel, so it is special and I would really like to save it if possible. Any help would be deep appreciated.

Half Whiskey Barrel Fell Apart?
u mite need to soak the boards to get them to expand and then when soaked up enough try to put them bk together once it back to normal and the floral arrangement is in keep the wood soaked or wet it stops the boards drying out which will make the boards fall apart again. cant remember wot the opposite of expand was.
Reply:If you do get the barrell together you should put wire or a strip of metal around the barrell to hold it together so it won't come apart again.


No comments:

Post a Comment